[Axiom-developer] Integration in Axiom?

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Integration in Axiom?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:07:08 -0700 (PDT)

Curosity question - are there any known limitations to Axiom's current
integration routines compared to the "state of the art" algorithms?  I
ask because I get the following doing the same integral in Maxima vs.
Axiom (note I'm not sure if Maxima is correct):

                          AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                       Version: Axiom 3.6 (June 2005)
               Timestamp: Wednesday July 27, 2005 at 12:16:43
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase
(1) ->
(1) -> integrate(sin(x**2),x)
      UserDefinedPartialOrdering
         ++        2
   (1)   |   sin(%I )d%I
        ++
                                          Type: Union(Expression
Integer,...)
(2) ->

Maxima 5.9.1.1cvs http://maxima.sourceforge.net
Using Lisp CMU Common Lisp 19b (19B)
Distributed under the GNU Public License. See the file COPYING.
Dedicated to the memory of William Schelter.
This is a development version of Maxima. The function bug_report()
provides bug reporting information.
(%i1) integrate(sin(x**2),x);
                                            (sqrt(2) %i + sqrt(2)) x
                                                       2