Re: [Axiom-developer] Function definition crashes Axiom

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Function definition crashes Axiom
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:48:22 -0700

Kai Kaminski address@hidden wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm currently rebuilding parts of the HyperDoc documentation. One page
> (ug06.[p]ht) contains the following commands:
>
> addx x == ((y: Integer): Integer +-> x + y)
>
> g := addx 10
>
> When I enter those commands at the Axiom toplevel, Axiom crashes due
> to a segmentation fault. I'm using version 3.8 (patch-43) freshly
> built on Ubuntu 5.04. I'm pretty sure that I haven't modified the
> source code prior to compiling it, but I'll rebuild it to be sure, if
> noone else has this problem.

On both axiom 3.0 and 3.4 these two commands also segfault.

So, I don't think it's you.  ;)

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen
    these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding
    fathers used in the great struggle for independence." --Charles A. Beard