Re: [Axiom-developer] Unit package question

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Unit package question
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:13:44 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke writes:
 > Hello Clifford,
 >
 > I think you should try to ask Stephen Watt, whether the Aldor compiler will
 > ever become open source. He claims that there is still some copyright issues
 > to be solved. But I don't know which. Maybe it helps if many people ask him
 > for opensourcing it.

I think that it is probably better if we speak with one voice instead of asking
Stephen Watt all seperately. I suggest that we draft a letter (maybe in paper)
and all sign it and then send it to Stephen.

Furthermore, I think that we should also ask him to "freeze" the Aldor
spezification. That is: Anything that calls itself Aldor should be an
implementation of the grammar described in the Aldor User Guide.

Martin