Re: [Axiom-developer] steps towards better TeXmacs interface

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] steps towards better TeXmacs interface
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:59:56 +0200

C Y writes:
 > I think I know what Andrey is thinking about here.  Let's say we have
 > the following expression:
 >
 >                                2
 >                               b  + 2 a
 >                               -------- + c
 >                               ------------
 >                                  f + e
 >
 > and we want to select:
 >
 >                                  2
 >                                 b  + 2 a
 >                                 --------
 >
 > as our input in the next line.

I'd say that this is not the way things work in Axiom. There is a hack on
MathAction that does this kind of thing.

But please keep the following in mind:

Axiom is designed in a way that you can, for example, replace the domain EXPR ?
with something entirely different, keeping only the interface the same. Of
course, coercing to SExpression is part of the interface, but I would suggest
that you don't work against Axioms philosophy.

Note also that "hidden" type information is crucial:

(13) -> 3*(y*x::XPOLY INT)

   (13)  y x 3
                                                    Type: XPolynomial Integer
(14) -> 3*y*x