Re: [Axiom-developer] Bug report

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Bug report
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:35:54 -0400

Jens,

This is another example of the known problem with the current
open source version of Axiom. A work-a-round is to use the
commend:

)set functions compile on

before using anonymous functions like:  x +-> x>=0

See the issue report at:

http://www.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/196SetFunctionsCompileOn

address@hidden axiom--main--1]$ AXIOMsys
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                       Version: Axiom 3.6 (June 2005)
                Timestamp: Monday July 18, 2005 at 13:13:36
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase
(1) -> )se fu co on
(1) -> firstNegative(l) == first(remove( x +-> x>=0, l))
                                              Type: Void
(2) -> firstNegative([1,2,0,-3,4])
   Compiling function firstNegative with type List Integer -> Integer

   (2)  - 3
                                              Type: Integer
(3) ->

------