[Axiom-developer] [#102 solve(sinh(z)=cosh(z), z) ]

From: kratt6
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#102 solve(sinh(z)=cosh(z), z) ]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:53:32 -0500

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/102SolveSinhZCoshZZ/diff
--
What it does is easily explained: '"foo"/l' maps the function 'foo' over the
list 'l'. However, it appears that it doesn't use reduce but rather some lisp
primitive. It is hard to trace, since it doesn't work in the interpreter. I
suppose that it is some leftover of the elder days of 'spad'. In any case, when
you 'grep' the 'algebra' directory, there doesn't appear to be a three argument
form of this construct, so I propose to (gradually) replace it by 'reduce'
everywhere.

Martin
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden