RE: [Axiom-developer] --patch46

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] --patch46
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:14:57 -0500

Camm,

On November 1, 2005 2:32 PM you wrote:
> Can you give me a step by step of what to do to reproduce
> your issue?

Well, wouldn't you know it ... I just spent the last hour or
so trying to reproduce the error that I have recorded on the
web page on MathAction from circa September 15,

>     >> System error:
>     Contiguous blocks exhausted.
>   Currently, 1354 pages are allocated.
>   Use ALLOCATE-CONTIGUOUS-PAGES to expand the space.

I am frustrated by the fact that I no longer seem to be able to
cause this to happen. It was always intermittant but previously
I could make in happen after two or three tries of re-executing
this page:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxCategoryOfGraphs

I am not aware of any changes in Axiom or on the axiom-
developer.org server since September 15, that could conceivably
affect this problem. If I can find a way to make this happen
again reliably, I will let you know ASAP.

This was the problem which lead me to want to increase the
maxpage to 256*1024. And during the build of Axiom with this
gcl option is when I got the error that I reported to you:

  Unrecoverable error: NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK macro invalid.

On the axiom-developer.org server you can get this error
message just by building gcl-2.6.7 with the option

  --enable-maxpages=256*1024

Thanks.