[Axiom-developer] RE: StepThrough (was: Units package)

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: StepThrough (was: Units package)
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:38:31 -0500

On November 5, 2005 10:09 PM C Y wrote:

> I (think I) remember a while back discussions as to running
> the MathAction on individual machines - is that conceivable
> or is it specific to the current server?

Yes, that is certainly conceivable. I run a version of MathAction
(not the most recent) locally on my Linux workstation. Configuring
MathAction is a little complex but Hans Peter Würmli succeeded in
doing it on a Debian workstation as described here:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/InstallingMathAction

Some of these instructions and some of the source code in the
repository will need to be updated if you want to implement
support for the new pamphlet format.

If you are interested, I would be very pleased to help you set up
your machine with MathAction. That would give me the motivation
to update the instructions. :)