RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Boot vs. Lisp

From: Weiss, Juergen
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Boot vs. Lisp
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 17:47:48 +0100

Dear Tim,

I must warn you, that the version is more than 2 years old. Most
changes fix the usage or the better not-usage of #'. There are
2 changes to the algebra files with respect of char and integer
mixture. And directories have no file type in CMU CL - this
change to daase.lisp is not a fix but a hack and does not
work under GCL. The other changes should work with GCL as
well.

> the key issue is the browser/graphics integration.

CMU CL has an interface to external C code, but I never
tried it. Rewriting the 2 C files in Lisp should not
be difficult either. Not being too interested in the
graphics and hyperdoc, I did not port these parts
to CMU CL at that time (2 or 3 years ago).

Regards

Juergen Weiss

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407