Re: [Axiom-developer] Interfacing with the rest of the world

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Interfacing with the rest of the world
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 21:21:53 -0800

C Y address@hidden wrote:
> Of course the best way to proceed is to document the ideas and
> implement them as part of Axiom, but until then it might be nice to be
> able to interface with the outside world.  Sucking in things like the
> cernlibs is not for the faint of heart ;-).

Uh...I know this is probably a joke, but...as a daily user of cernlib...
the functionality of cernlib has no intersection with axiom.

*I* can imagine wanting to interface the two.  But I wouldn't want to
inflict that can of worms on anyone else.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would
    be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples might
    start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in
    physics classrooms." -- Stephen Jay Gould (1941 - 2002)