RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom common lisp

From: Weiss, Juergen
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom common lisp
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:29:25 +0100

Did not say that. With the changes I made and the link to the
sources I posted 2 years ago, it should not take longer than
1/2 a day to incorportate the changes necessary for more
common lisp compliance into the current sources.

The cmucl port did not include communications to external programs
(which need the foreign function interface for 2 files written in C).
This could easily be rewritten to the cmucl foreign function interface
or
recoded in cmucl, which offers access to all unix system calls
and sockets in particular. I was not so interested in Hyperdoc
and the graphics and left that part alone.

> How did you test it?

I ran all the algebra test files (graphics excluded).

> What was your approach to loading the code?  I was making an ASDF
> system.  I wish I'd known, if you already had one.

I used the standard makefile approach

> And, if it's been done, howcome people are still talking about getting
> it done?

Because most people do not listen ;-). Last time I posted the url
http://www.staff.uni-mainz.de/weiss/axiom_cmu.tgz was on Nov 6. 2005

Regards

Juergen Weiss

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407