Re: [Axiom-developer] breqn

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] breqn
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:17:34 -0500

> Heh - actually, that raises another point.  How should packages deal
> with subject specific LaTeX?  Say, for example, that I want to use a
> chemical formula style file for a chemical equations package, just like
> I want to use sistyle for units.  How do I teach Axiom's TeX routines
> new tricks?  Domain specific tex output?

I'd use whatever packages were available to get it to work.

If we need to we can consider including packages used by axiom into to
zips directory which is where I've put other things that are external
to Axiom but hard to find. For a while it held a copy of the X11-devel
rpm, for instance. There have been numerous debates about this in the
past but my take on it is that we want axiom to build everywhere and
if we need to tar up a couple obscure programs to do that then that's
what we'll just have to do. Eventually either they become popular and
widely available or somebody remove the dependency. But a zips file
containing used .sty files is not unreasonable.