[Axiom-developer] Website and tarball issues

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Website and tarball issues
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:00:54 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to access the Axiom website on Sunday at 8pm, and I'm
getting the hanging issue again.

Also, even more frustrating is my inability to download the patch 47
tarball from http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=axiom (assuming
it's up), which is ALSO hanging.  Grr.

Are there mirrors available somewhere of at least the latest tarball
file so that when this happens Axiom isn't totally knocked off the net
from a downloading perspective?  It would be nice if we could have five
or six mirrors set up, and a way to fall back on a static page pointing
to them in the event the wiki becomes unresponsive.  I'm trying to use
tla on Windows but that is a struggle, and even if by some miracle it
works it's not something the casual user will want to mess with.

Maybe we could ask a couple universities to provide "axiom mirrors?"
Perhaps the IAMC guys would be interested - this is right up their
alley.

Cheers,
CY