Re: [Axiom-developer] "Please add new attributes" message when building

From: Peter Broadbery
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] "Please add new attributes" message when building aldor interface
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:15:26 +0100

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 17:57 +0200, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
>  > So it seems that my version of ATTREG.spad
> > was more recent than attrib.as.head. Humm it's strange since I did not
> > modify ATTREG.spad and I decompressed src_ador2.tgz after the full build
> > of Axiom.
>
> I hope this all goes away soon. I have already started to move the Java
> code to Aldor. Unfortunately, I have not made progress since several
> weeks. :-(

I've also started looking at this again - also not got very far, as time
seems to be a bit limited at the moment.  Feel free to ask questions
though.

Apologies for the ATTREG rule - a better method would be to generate the
list of attributes from the .spad file, but I didn't get round to doing
this.

>From memory, integrating it into the build (providing that one's allowed
to ignore details like bugs in older versions of make) should just be a
case of adding stanzas in src/Makefile for ${SRC}/aldor/Makefile and
aldordir - the algebra ones provide a reasonable model.