Re: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:40:34 +0200

However, I find more useful to be able to work offline -- that is I
don't need to connect to the web before being able to browse the
wealth of information.  This is because I don't always work online.

Right, that was also one of my concerns some time ago. Bill helped be quite a lot with mirrory the Wiki locally on my computer, but I must say that it did not make me completely happy. I would have to download a big zope database and I cannot easily push back changes that I would make locally to the wiki. It is just too much to install and not everything works perfectly. I would also be happy to have all the information available when I am offline, work on Axiom and commit modifications back to a server so that they become visible for others.

I think currently the Wiki should be a means to attract people and maybe to try out axiom commands only. But I am very much in favour of putting valuable information into the SVN/TLA repositories. Maybe the volume about axiom development is a good place to describe the building process more accurately. But that is "Further Reading" for an ordinary axiom user. ;-)

Ralf