[Axiom-developer] RE: axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: axiom.risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:08:21 -0400

Ralf,

On Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:15 PM you wrote:

> I actually wanted to ask the question whether axiom.risc is
> setup in such a way that I could edit a wiki page there and
> it would be magically syncronize with the axiom-developer wiki...

Yes. No so magically but fairly easily. There is a zope utility
installed on both axiom-developer and axiom.risc called ZSyncer.
This program identifies what pages have been changed at each
site and allows one to copy page two and fro until both are up
to date (and any possible conflicts are resolved).

It works pretty well. I usually have been performing the synch
about once a week, except for the last two or three weeks
because I have been making a lot of changes on axiom-developer
org and decided to freeze axiom.risc for a while I case I needed
a quick recovery path.

I was planning to perform another sync this weekend. The content
would probably look be ok without it, but I was also planning to
propagate and test the changes to the underlying Python code.

> but now I've found out that axiom.risc is not connected.

Yes. I confirm that I do not have any access to the server.
Not even network ping. So it's either dead or disconnected.

> I have to figure out the reason tomorrow.

Ok, please let me know.

> But still, could you answer my question.

Would you like to know more about how to do the ZSyncer?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zsyncer

http://zwiki.org/1252ZWikiPageModifiedTimeWrongInDifferentTimeZones