[Axiom-developer] Re: Help/Guidance/anything...

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Help/Guidance/anything...
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:45:54 -0400

Jose,

The fundamental idea we are trying to achieve is to take a pamphlet
file from an external website URL and somehow "drag-and-drop" it onto
a browser location. The paper and its embedded code should become
part of Axiom so the user can read it and use the code, perhaps in a
\begin{axiom} block.

It would be ideal if the drag-and-drop facility were not axiom specific
(or could be customized that way) so we could drag-and-drop onto any
system. That way the researcher can use any language to implement their
work. I realize that this does not benefit Axiom but the Doyen idea is
not just about Axiom, it is a science platform.

The drag-and-drop will work any way you choose to implement it.
The implementation determines a lot of what we can do. Since you've
looked at the wiki and the axiom connection you are in the best
situation to say how it should work. Since no-one knows how to do it
your work is clearly research and you get to decide everything.

Like any good research idea it will likely get adopted. The SAGE
people could clearly use such a feature, especially if they adopt
some or all of Bill's work.

Of course, once people try the feature they will have new ideas so
your first implementation will likely get additional feedback.

Please be sure to document how it works so we can build and maintain it.
Doyen is as much about documenting the process as it is about building
the CD.