[Axiom-developer] RE: AxiomUI

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: AxiomUI
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:40:15 -0400

On August 18, 2006 12:50 PM Alfredo Portes

> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomUI
>
> what is the status of this project???

Kai Kaminski is still hear on this email list (I think). Probably
currently interested in different things. Last I heard he was
preparing a version of the hyperdoc content for browsing in
HTML format. I recall seeing an earlier version of this that
looked quite nice but I haven't heard anything more about it
lately.

The source code that Kai produced during the SoC project is
available in the tla archive. I have looked at it only briefly,
first to test that it worked as claimed on linux and then
(with a little more frustration) at trying to get it to run
on Windows - which writing it in Clisp was supposed to make
possible, but didn't .. :(

No one else has taken up the task of extending and completing
the AxiomUI work. One of the results of the this work that
would be very nice to have even without completing the rest
of the user interface is the kind external program interface
like the one done for Maxima. This would make interfacing with
Axiom much easier for MathAction and any other program that
wants to use Axiom.