[Axiom-developer] RE: NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK macro invalid (was: noweb)

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK macro invalid (was: noweb)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:41:48 -0400

Camm,

Thanks Camm! My test build just completed using the option

--disable-xgcl

On August 18, 2006 5:26 PM you wrote:

> OK, this one is my fault, as I fogot we were still using EXTRAS
> in the makefile here.  2.6.8pre incorporates Gordon Novak's xgcl,
> and the way I build it was using compiler::link from within lisp
> as it was simpler.  This overrides EXTRAS at the very end, as it
> copies the compiler::link generated saved_xgcl over the saved_gcl
> left by unixport/makefile.
>
> I'll probably have to revert this and do xgcl the old fashioned
> way.

I am not sure that it continues to make sense to support the old
"EXTRAS" method of linking external libraries. Does any gcl-based
software use this besides the "standard" Axiom distribution? Since
this method is not used of Axiom on Debian and on BSD, I think it
would make sense to move as soon as possible to using compiler::link
on all the other systems.

Is there any advantage to enabling xgcl in Axiom in any case? Would
it change Axiom's user interface? Have you tried this on the Debian
build where it does not have to be disabled?

> In the meantime, --disable-xgcl should work.  Please let me know
> if not.

It did. Thanks again.

Ref. http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01074.html