Re: [Axiom-developer] Silver build-improvements branch does not compile

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Silver build-improvements branch does not compile
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:19:19 +0200

On 09/01/2006 04:46 PM, root wrote:
cmpinclude.h: No such file or directory
In file included from
/home/hemmecke/OTHER/Axiom/Silver/build-improvements/int/algebra/AHYP.NRLIB/AHYP.c:3:
/home/hemmecke/OTHER/Axiom/Silver/build-improvements/int/algebra/AHYP.NRLIB/AHYP.h:4:

cmpinclude.h is from GCL.
apparently the compile-file lisp call cannot find this include file.

did you build GCL or are you trying to use a pre-installed copy?

I did not build GCL by hand, of course. Just said

./configure
make

But I have an seemingly old gcl installed.

>gcl --version
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.6 CLtL1    Jan 18 2005 00:13:38
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (READLINE BFD UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

How do I find out whether Axiom has built gcl or not?
At least the config.log says

configure:3030: checking for gcl
configure:3046: found /usr/bin/gcl

And this is 2.6.6. Hmmmm....