Re: [Axiom-developer] Silver build-improvements: Hyperdoc

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Silver build-improvements: Hyperdoc
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:03:10 +0200

i was working on the todo-list posted in the --patch-50 announce which read:

      update CVS on sourceforge
      update CVS on savannah
      diff -Naur Gold Silver and post patches

the plan is to diff Gold and Silver.... soon.

But that is the wrong order. Silver should have the patches before.
As I said I strongly believe that Silver trunk SHOULD be ALWAYS in sync with what you have in your tla archive.

Otherwise you are developing silver and the svn/trunk is gold.

BTW, when will there be the next official release of Gold. I haven't heard of any Axiom release recently. Or are you saying that --patch-50 was a Gold-release? To be honest, I am still completely confused about all that. Am I alone?

Anyway, when Gold is released there should not be need to move patches from Gold to Silver/trunk. If that must happen then I think something is wrong.

Ralf