Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:11:03 -0400

> > in general, silver will be ahead of gold so there will be differences.
>
> This is where I don't agree.
>
> There will be several branches in silver that have patches that don't go
> to gold, but Silver/trunk (and only that directory) should be in sync
> with the Gold version you are working on.
>
> So at each point in time Silver/trunk should contain exactly the same
> code as is in your local Gold-to-be archive. If you don't want that then
> make the Gold-to-be archive public so we could get the patches you apply
> to that archive and put it into Silver/trunk.

methinks you may be confused on this point.

when i say that silver will be 'ahead' of gold i'm saying exactly
what you said. silver (assuming i'm ever able to maintain it) will be
gold-to-be, in sync with my latest set of mistakes. (all code changes
are mistakes until properly tested, then they become bugs :-) )