[Axiom-developer] Re: libspad.a, cfuns-c.o sockio-c.c and friends

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: libspad.a, cfuns-c.o sockio-c.c and friends
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 00:40:23 -0400

> I guess another way to phrase my question is what is the difference
> between specifying an object file directly, from as included via
> libspad.a?

the lisp has to have some sort of extern linkage reference
in order to choose the .o file from the archive. clearly there
is nothing in GCL that references those symbols as externs
so if you add libspad.a in the standard GCL linkage no .o
file will be selected from the archive.

but when the cfuns and sockio are included in the image
then the symbols they contain can be referenced by lisp
code which is written at run time.

axiom contains lisp code that uses the symbols externed by
cfuns and sockio.