Re: [Axiom-developer] Question concerning types...

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Question concerning types...
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:06:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ah... I forgot to say... if ever indefinite integers come to life
> then a  syntax like
>
> i: Integer
>
> would be quite acceptable/preferrable.
>
> Maybe I am wrong, but is there use for indefinite integers in library
> code or is that rather a use case for an interactive session?

One possibility that occurs to me is the definition of physics
equations, which might be able to make good use of indefinites.
Looking at what Feyncalc would need to be workable in Axiom is probably
a good starting point to determine if indefinites would be useful in a
library.  Checking user defined Maple and Mathematica packages might
also be of interest.

Cheers,
CY