Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [build Axiom] updated Windows build instructio

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [build Axiom] updated Windows build instructions
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:54:21 +0200

Le mercredi 20 septembre 2006 à 12:13 +0200, Ralf Hemmecke a écrit :
[...]
> > I would be happy if you would correct this. I am not sure of
> > the best solution. Should we ignore the merging problem and
> > just call the darcs version the official sources for Windows?
>
> I wouldn't. Better would be to sync them then I can declare on
> AxiomSource that they are the same. And sooner or later they should
> disappear anyway, because they should be merged to Gold or Silver.

There is not a lot of differences between the two repositories as Bill
said. The file src/doc/ps/segbind.ps is only available in the tla
repository and in the file src/scripts/document the latex variable is
defined differently: `which latex` in the tla repository and latex in
the darcs one. It's on my TODO list to update my Windows version (the
tla one) up to Gold patch-50 but I first need to know why the bug #312
is specific to Axiom on Linux (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-math/2006-08/msg00035.html)

Greg