Re: [Axiom-developer] Literated VMLISP.LISP.PAMPHLET

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Literated VMLISP.LISP.PAMPHLET
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:57:30 +0200

Hi Frithjof,

On 09/23/2006 03:32 PM, Frithjof Schulze wrote:

Unfortunately all introductory textbooks I know are in german, but I
 will look if I can find something appropriate.

But even if you find some english reference, add the german references, too.

Also I don't really know how to set mathematics in latex. Do you know
about an introduction?

Under Linux I find ... (otherwise google...)

/usr/share/texmf/doc/latex/amsmath/*.dvi.gz

amsldoc.dvi and testmath.dvi should give you quite a lot of examples of how to do advanced stuff.

There is a lot about what fonts and symbols exists, but I would need
something about when to use what font or mode.

You don't usually have to care much about fonts in LaTeX, the symbols, however, you find, for example at the end of

/usr/share/texmf/doc/amstex/amsguide.dvi.gz

(But don't consider much the other stuff, since it describes AMS-TeX not AMS-LaTeX.)

If you then still have problems ask again.

Ralf