Re: [Axiom-developer] build improvements results

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build improvements results
Date: 01 Oct 2006 01:09:52 +0200

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| > |
| > |                                       "The variable ~S is unbound."
| >

| > Is it possible this might be a shell issue?  It looks to me as if the
| > mutiline format string isn't being properly interpreted as a string
| > when passed to GCL.  What shell was that?
| >

| GNU bash, version 3.1.14(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
|
| AFAICS shell preserve backslashes (since they are inside apostrophes).
| I have checked on another Debian machine (this time using bundled gcl)
| and the same problem appeared. Both problematic machnes run Gnu make
| 3.81. The other machines (without this problem) run Gnu make 3.80.

Thanks for checking.  As ever, I had the wrong guess. :-/

Ralf, the reason the command line was slipt is that everyong on
online reads gerbish to be -- I can't see whether the next paren
starts from where the previous ends.  All those reasons, why we format
codes :-)

Now, if this is a make bug, then it is really unfortunate. :-(