Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: 03 Nov 2006 16:09:00 +0100

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

| On November 3, 2006 9:13 AM Gaby wrote:
| > |
| > | Can't svn co the source, I've tried several times from a
| > clean slate and
| > | get:
| > |
| > | $ svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/ \
| > |           branches/build-improvements axiom.build-improvements
| > |
| > | [normal output, then]
| > |
| > |
| > axiom.build-improvements/axiom/trunk/axiom/src/hyper/pages/HTX
| > FormatPage5.ht
| > | svn: In directory
| > | 'axiom.build-improvements/axiom/trunk/axiom/src/hyper/pages'
| > | svn: Can't copy
| > |
| > 'axiom.build-improvements/axiom/trunk/axiom/src/hyper/pages/.s
| > vn/tmp/text-base/poly.pht.svn-base'
| > |
| > 'axiom.build-improvements/axiom/trunk/axiom/src/hyper/pages/po
| > ly.pht.tmp':
| > | No such file or directory
| >
| > The problem, as discussed recently, is that it is a typical problem
| > with "case preserving, case insensitive" filesystems (e.g. windows,
| > macos, etc.) because there is two files POLY.pht and poly.pht.
| > I seem to remember that Waldek proposed to remove one of them.
| >

| This misbehaviour of SVN - particularly the obscure mode of
| failure and the subsequent inability to correct the corrupted
| respository - seems like a serious problem in SVN. Does anyone
| know if it has been previously reported to the SVN developers?

Like I said Ben from Google was the one who explained the
filesystem issue.

I don't think it is an SVN issue.  GCC ran into similar issue (not the
rpo, the compiler) very recently.

Bill, forget about SVN for a moment.  How to you plan to keep POLY.pht
and poly.pht as separate files in the same directory using a case
preserving and case insensitive filesystem?