Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:20:48 +0100

| > The drastic way... Remove axiom.bib.pamphlet

Sorry, I take that back. Only remove (most of) the (file referencing) content.

I am very much in favour of having a central .bib file (or a collection of them in a central place), but with actual references to papers and books. Even better would be what once was in discussion... Online documentation should directly link a reference in text to the actual paper if that is somewhere on the internet. But I guess we also care about printed versions so a .bib file is not such a bad idea in the end. We should however care about uniqe bibkeys, that would avoid duplications of entries in axiom.bib.

Maybe some day .bib files go away since there would be a central database of references on the internet and one only has to know a unique key into that database to extract all relevant information needed for a printed version. But up to then .bib files are of some use.

Ralf