Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: 08 Nov 2006 14:19:10 +0100

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| Good question. If the rule is "add .tex" then the result is
|
|   latex myalps.nw.tex --> myalps.nw.dvi
|
| not myalps.dvi. You must be doing something more to hide the .nw.

>From my perspective, I find .nw and .pamphlet as implementation
details.  I find it unfortunate when implementation details enshrine
in the user interface.  Users should not be concerned when the
extension of the PDF or DVI files changes (because we switch to a
better tool); they should just enjoy better documentation.

[...]

| In my opinion it is only an accident that axiom.sty.pamphlet
| has this name and contains only one root chunk. In general this
| is not the case.

The axiom.sty.pamphlet is inded very special.  Its purpose and its
functionality are not the same like any others.  We should not forget
that.