RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:31:24 -0500

On Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:07 PM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> On 11/09/2006 12:37 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> > Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > | There is only *one* dvi file that will be produced and
> > | *not* one for every .nw file.
> >
> > Ah, but that is a fundamental distinction between the respective
> > states of Axiom and your peoject.
>
> Of course.
>
> > | So "xdvi axiom.sty.pamphlet.dvi" is absolutely no argument.
>
> > Unfortunately, for Axiom, that is going to be an argument for
> > the short and mi-term.
>
> Are you so sure? Where should I branch from for that experiment?

Yes a new branch! I strongly encourage you to do that. :-)

I am just a little uncertain of the technical implications for
merging later, but I suggest that you clone build-improvements -
primarily because I think it represents the best environment in
which to experiment with alternate build scripts. It is more
modular than Axiom Gold and once you get used to it, autoconf
really does make things simpler and easier to understand.

Gaby, what do you think about branching from build-improvements?