Re: [Axiom-developer] presea and htsearch

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] presea and htsearch
Date: 10 Nov 2006 22:50:03 +0100

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| > | Interesting, somebody knows about our potential targets. Where are
| > | they listed? Isn't that relevant of how portable Axiom should become?
| > I would like to see Axiom run (ideally) wherever GCC runs,
| > e.g. desktops, laptops, etc.  I do not insist on 16K memory machines
| > though :-)
|
| Do you have a link to a list of systems for GCC?

The list of *known reports* (which is not the same as supported) is here:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/buildstat.html

| OK. But there were actually two questions (if not more). Or do you
| mean by "run" also "compile" on these machines?

I mean run, then compile.

| Maybe it is much too early in the current development process to think
| about it, but I have the feeling that for the end-user it is not so
| much important that he can actually build Axion on his system from
| scratch.

I would like to see Axiom support native build for a wide range of
machines in use.  I would hate to build a system that second-guess
what users want to do with it.  I've come to be very suspcious of the
distinction "user" and "developer".