[Axiom-developer] boottocl and boottoclc

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] boottocl and boottoclc
Date: 15 Nov 2006 17:02:06 +0100

The main difference between boottran::boottocl and boottran::boottoclc
is that the latter includes the Boot codes (as comment) in
translation.

Well, that is the theory.

In practice, they happen to translate very subtly in different ways.
I think the reason for that is bug instead of design.

boottran::boottocl translates Boot code while in the scope of the
package boottran.  boottran::boottoclc does not.  Consequently,
boottoclc would translate (Boot) "not" to (Lisp) "|not|", when in fact
it should have translated to (Lisp) "NOT".

One possible fix is to have boottoclc push into package boottran
before doing the translation.  This would have to be done for all
callers of boottocllines.  That is not good.  So, I'm considering
fixing boottocllines instead.

If you know more about this, please let me know.