Re: [Axiom-developer] Eval in Axiom/Aldor

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Eval in Axiom/Aldor
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:05:53 +0100

Aha! Thanks. So whenever I write a spad function "elt" internally it is translated to "apply" and thus the interpreter never sees "elt".

Is that interpretation of the snippet correct? Or what is that actually translating?

Oh, I must be wrong, since it reads src/interp/ax.boot.pamphlet, ie, it belongs to the interpreter. But what is strange then is that the *Aldor compiler* complains about not finding "elt". So this translation must have been done for libaxiom.al, since that is the only thing that the aldor compiler sees. Sounds like that translation is *not* an interpreter thing. --- No no, don't explain. That will pop up again when its time has come.

Ralf

On 11/16/2006 02:07 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| that builds libaxiom.al. And so I am not even sure about whether
| elt=apply actually holds. I am certainly missing something.

I don't if it is of any help, see ax.boot:

     axOpTran(name) ==
        ATOM name =>
           name = 'elt => 'apply
           name = 'setelt => 'set!