Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: SPAD and Aldor again

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: SPAD and Aldor again
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:16:09 -0500

> I guess it's Peter. Laurentiu says he doesn't know about the axiom
> side, but I know he knows foam. Tim, do you know about that stuff?
> Gaby, Waldek, did you dig into this connection yet?

I'm afraid that I'm more inclined to deeply document the existing
compiler before trying to tackle the problem of language modification.
Experience shows me that all of my programming mistakes occur in places
where my understanding is weakest. So first I understand, then I change.

I was not part of the Aldor compiler effort as I strongly objected to coding
the new compiler in C rather than rewriting the existing compiler. My
contribution to the Aldor effort involved making Aldor work inside Axiom
and writing a tutorial for the Aldor final product. Despite my objections
I did use the compiler to implement my PhD thesis work.