Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: SPAD and Aldor again

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: SPAD and Aldor again
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:39:32 +0100

On 11/17/2006 05:17 PM, Martin Rubey wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

I would very much like to be able to use any fancy character to denote the
multiplication of a monoid (not just ASCII).

I strongly disagree on this point. Any character OK, i.e., defining some
operation to be infix or postfix, but please stay with ASCII.

You won't believe once I told my students to send files in plain ASCII. They had no idea what that is. In 10 years we will be laughing about that 128 character restriction. Come on... *dream*!

However, I'm afraid, I don't have 27 years left.

I don't know how much is left for me, but I still have some dreams... ;-)

Ralf