Re: [Axiom-developer] make patch 50 work with the guessing package

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] make patch 50 work with the guessing package
Date: 23 Nov 2006 11:56:12 +0100

Dear Waldek,

I'm a little confused now. I thought that I had no problems in patch 49, but
only in patch 50. but looking at the patches, there doesn't seem to be a
difference.

> OK, I see:  The change that commented out the two commands has date
> from 2003 and was applied to 'src/share/doc/hypertex/pages/util.ht'
> long time ago. AFAICS Tim 'src/hyper/pages/util.ht' does not contain
> this change so I thought that Tim reverted the change.  And I consequently
> thougt that uncommenting back the commands caused problems for you.
>
> ATM both build-improvements and wh-sandbox picked version were
> the two commands are commented out, while in silver2 the two copies
> are inconsistent.

Does this mean that there are different util.ht's around? I just looked at my
local patch 49. The built axiom has in util.ht

% redundant defns for system commands
\newcommand{\syscom}[1]{\lispdownlink{)#1}{(|syscomPage| '|#1|)}}
%
\newcommand{\spadsyscom}[1]{{\tt #1}}
\newcommand{\spadcmd}[1]{\spadsyscom{#1}}
\newcommand{\spadsys}[1]{\spadsyscom{#1}}

which works for me. The other version does not.

I think the best thing would be if I check again tomorrow. Maybe you could just
tell me which Axiom I should build together with my package. wh-sandbox? It
would probably be better to have only one util.ht :-)

In any case, I think only the installed util.ht matters, since these files are
interpreted, aren't they?

Martin