[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] flush

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] flush
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 03:34:54 +0100 (CET)

root wrote:

> in fact, this is a known bug (see src/input/Makefile.pamphlet)
> and search for FLUSH.
>
> the package, attached below, makes no reference to how it is used
> but it is intended to print lines which do not contain line-feeds
> thus requiring the call to flush.
>
> the correct fix would be to add the line:
>
> (defun flush () (force-output))
>
> in vmlisp.lisp

Well, I think that this very well illustrates problems with Axiom:
there is a known bug which hampers usage of an important package
(the REGSET package). When the bug is fixed you fuss over edge cases
in underspecified internal package.

Note that flushing output should be done when the outupt is complete,
while iprint clearly is used to compose bigger units from small parts.
But if you insist I may add a FORCE_-OUTPUT call to iprint (there is
no reason to have extra flush function).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden