Re: [Axiom-developer] openpty again, again

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] openpty again, again
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 03:06:34 +0100 (CET)

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | address@hidden wrote:
> | > I worked some on the patch, trying to incorporate the suggestions from:
> | >
> | > http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-11/msg00687.html
> | >
> | > How does it look now?
> |
> | Aaugh! It didn't work!
> |
> | $ axiom
> | fork_Axiom: Failed to reopen server: No such file or directory
> | clef trying to get the initial terminal settings: Operation not
> | supported on socket
> |
> | Sorry.
>
> Please don't.  I'm working in that same area.  I'll take on the ball
> and post something for you to test.

Earler Gaby proposed:

   #elif HAVE_OPENPTY
   /* The symbol openpty is allegedly present but its
      declaration was not found in any of the above headers.
      So, we fake it here.  Note this is NOT a prototype
      declaration.  */
   int openpty();
   #else
   #  define AXIOM_DONT_USE_OPENPTY 1
   #endif

   #define AXIOM_USE_OPENPTY !AXIOM_DONT_USE_OPENPTY

-------

That looks problematic (we do not set AXIOM_DONT_USE_OPENPTY to 0),
and I do not understand why to use so negative logic.  I would
either simply use HAVE_OPENPTY, or if you insist on having
AXIOM_USE_OPENPTY I would just say:

#ifdef HAVE_OPENPTY
#define AXIOM_USE_OPENPTY 1
#else
#define AXIOM_USE_OPENPTY 0
#endif

BTW: IIUC the fragment above should test for 'defind(HAVE_OPENPTY)' and
similar.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden