Re: [Axiom-developer] How to allocate more space for Axiom on Windows

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] How to allocate more space for Axiom on Windows
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:02:13 -0500

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 15:41:57 -0500
 William Sit <address@hidden> wrote:
   >> System error:
   The storage for CONS is exhausted.
Currently, 82689 pages are allocated.
Use ALLOCATE to expand the space.

Can any one tell me how to increase the space? Exactly how big is one page? I have 2GB RAM. Is it possible to allocate
the max to Axiom (under Windows XP)?

Let me add that on my system, the XP OS normally used about under 800 MB with multiple programs open. When Axiom started the CPU monitor shows 770MB and when the command psolve(amat) started, the memory usage rose all the way to about 1.20 GB and then quit. So there is plenty of physical RAM left (not to mention virtual RAM). I repeated this and Axiom aborted with:

   >> System error:
   The storage for CONS is exhausted.
Currently, 97956 pages are allocated.
Use ALLOCATE to expand the space.