Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] NAG libraries
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 02:08:24 +0200 (CEST)

Stephen Wilson wrote:
> Do you happen to have the work you did removing the NAG library
> support?   I looked at wh-sandbox and it appears to me the NAG
> components are still extant.  Im interested in applying similar
> changes to the axisp branch.

No, I erased the corresponding tree.  ATM I am not sure what to
do with NAG library support.  Large part of it is very specific
to NAG library but other part have some potential for reuse.
Also, even if we do not want to use some parts it may still
serve as a template showing how to solve some problems.

I belive that you can remove the following algebra files:

annacat.spad     d01routine.spad    d02routine.spad  e04agents.spad
compile.input    d01transform.spad  d03Package.spad  e04routine.spad
cont.spad        d01weights.spad    d03agents.spad   functions.spad
d01Package.spad  d02Package.spad    d03routine.spad  routines.spad
d01agents.spad   d02agents.spad     e04Package.spad  tools.spad

asp.spad  d01.spad  e02.spad  f04.spad      fortpak.spad
c02.spad  d02.spad  e04.spad  f07.spad      fortran.spad
c05.spad  d03.spad  f01.spad  fortcat.spad  forttyp.spad
c06.spad  e01.spad  f02.spad  fortmac.spad  s.spad

On Nag cdrom the first group is in 'anna' subdirectory the second
is in 'naglink2'.  IIRC the rest of algebra does not depend on
them.

We also have a lot of Nag support in interp subdirectory --  at least
nag* and anna.boot.pamphlet

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden