[Axiom-developer] src_aldor2.tgz compilation problems

From: Ondrej Certik
Subject: [Axiom-developer] src_aldor2.tgz compilation problems
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:22:15 +0200

Hi,

the usual question these days - I installed aldor from aldor.org and
then compiled axiom from wh-sandbox using commands:

cd ~/extprograms
svn co https://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/branches/wh-sandbox
wh-sandbox
cd wh-sandbox
./configure
make

then I did:

export AXIOM=$HOME/extprograms/wh-sandbox/build/i686-pc-linux
tar xzf src_aldor2.tgz
cd aldor
notangle Makefile.pamphlet > Makefile

(I don't know that the "document" command is, I didn't find it in any
package in Debian, but the notangle from the package noweb seems to
work).

address@hidden:~/extprograms/aldor/aldor$ make
/bin/sh: line 0: cd:
/home/ondra/extprograms/wh-sandbox/build/i686-pc-linux/../../obj: No
such file or directory
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

So there seems to be missing the "obj" directory in wh-sandbox after
compilation. What am I doing wrong?

In the meantime, I installed axiom, which is in Debian, but that is
the version 20050901-9. And I also installed the binary from:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/Mirrors?go=/public/axiom-aldor-20060621.tgz&it=Axiom+with+Aldor+binary

and followed the instructions at:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomBinaries

And this works fine, but it is a version from 20060621.

Thanks,
Ondrej