Re: [Axiom-developer] Automated version update

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Automated version update
Date: 26 Jun 2007 19:37:00 +0200

Dear Gaby,

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

>   It is obvious to me that automated version updated can run as follows:
>
>     * daily bump: anywhere, preferably a machine that is almost always
>         up -- we can use the cron job facility at SF.

Yes, of course.  But suppose that Mrs. Xyz commits at 12:34 GMT, the cron job
runs at 23:59 GMT and Mrs. Uvw checks out inbetween.

By the way, I just realised that I do not understand completely: you propose to
have one file "version" for each branch, that is modified by a cron job on SF,
if and only if the revision has changed.  (More precisely, whenever

  LC_ALL=C svn info | grep "Last Changed Rev:"

has changed.)

But, if this file is under version control, wouldn't that update trigger
another revision number?  Or are you bypassing svn?

Martin

Important PS: just after the last AxiomWorkshop I realized that there are zero
female developers for Axiom.  Any ideas how to change this?