[Axiom-developer] Re: A modest proposal

From: Ondrej Certik
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: A modest proposal
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:12:57 +0200

Camm Maguire did the debian version. As far as I'm aware Camm is the
only debian-committer on this mailing list. Debian has a whole series
of constraints and rules which make it a challenge to maintain. It is
true that Debian would give Axiom considerably more exposure.

Are you a debian-committer? Can you take up the task of making a
Debian release of Gold?

I am not a Debian developer, but I use Debian and I have some packages
in Debian:

http://qa.debian.org/address@hidden

but I always need to find a sponsor (a Debian developer) who uploads
the package for me. Yes, I can update the package, but I don't have
time to sort out bugs and stuff. But if you help me with compiling (I
had problems with compiling the wh-sandbox), I can do that. But then I
need to find a sponsor, which is really hard.

Ondrej