[Axiom-developer] Fork time

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Fork time
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:57:36 -0500 (CDT)

Waldek --

  I read your message with high interest.  I fully understand the
frustration that you can feel and unjustified labels that have been
put on the amazing contributions you've made.  The motives that would
press someone to feel the need to qualify your contributions (and others')
as steeling from the project is beyond my understanding.

  Many times, I've been tempted to just fork.  Many times, I've resisted --
because it is not a light decision to make.  While it can give you free
hands, you also run the risk of fracturing further the small
community -- I care about the community, even more than the project,
because as a community we can build more than the project.

  I do believe there is a way out of this apparant dead end.  Remember,
someone on ths list once said "running code wins".  Get past the current
debate and move on *with* Axiom.