[Axiom-developer] Re: defintrf.spad compiler bug

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: defintrf.spad compiler bug
Date: 09 Jul 2007 11:47:03 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> Stephen,
>
> Your patch also changes:
>  DFINTTLS NIPROB   OPTPROB   PATTERN2 PMDOWN  PMINS    MHROWRED GENEEZ
>  GHENSEL  INMODGCD INNMFACT  INTHERTR LAUPOL  MDDFACT  MONOTOOL PGCD
>  PLEQN    PMPLCAT  PMQFCAT   RDETR    REAL    SUBRESP  INTPACK  E04AGNT
>  FFNBP    FPARFRAC IR        OPTPACK  PATTERN PMKERNEL AF       APPRULE
>  EF       ESTOOLS  FC FS2UPS GAUSSFAC INTAF   INTPAF   INTPM    PMFS
>  RDEEF    WUTSET   DFINTTLS  FS2EXPXP LAPLACE MODE1    COMBF    D01AGNT
>  SOLVETRA QCMPACK  SFQCMPK   FFCGP    D02AGNT PSETPK
>
> I'm going to rebuild and look for the details of these changes.

I started going through what appears to be the same list, will
continue this evening.

In all cases thus far (I have checked about 20% of the cases), the
changes are expected.   They all relate to the emission of
|check-union| forms where a |Record| form is macroexpanded into a
|Record0| call.

If all of these changes are of precicely of this kind, then I feel the
patch is OK.  There is no semantic change to the code, it is simply in
a form which the compiler can handle.

Thanks for your help in testing this!

Take care,
Steve