Re: [Axiom-developer] i-output and decimal width

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] i-output and decimal width
Date: 03 Aug 2007 15:11:32 -0400

Sorry all,

I meant to save the last message as a draft but bit the wrong key
binding:

Stephen Wilson <address@hidden> writes:
> Could I suggest the following to replace these two cases:
>
>     (+ 1 |negative| (round (log n 10)))

This should _not_ be used to replace both cases, but only the first.
I believe the second case might be OK unless the `over estimation'
is not enough account for the width in the negative case.

However, these messages are now adrift a bit premature, so perhaps
someone may know of a better solution?

Take care,
Steve