Re: [Axiom-developer] Unsuccessful build-improvements

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Unsuccessful build-improvements
Date: 07 Aug 2007 09:52:22 -0500

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| Hi Gaby,
|
| I am unlucky for some reason.
|
| woodpecker:~/SVK/axiom/branches/build-improvements>svk info
| Checkout Path: /home/hemmecke/SVK/axiom/branches/build-improvements
| Depot Path: /mirror/axiom/branches/build-improvements
| Revision: 779
| Last Changed Rev.: 779
| Mirrored From: https://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom, Rev. 695
| Copied From: /axiom/trunk/axiom, Rev. 33
| Merged From: /axiom/trunk/axiom, Rev. 33
|
| woodpecker:~/OTHER/Axiom/out-of-source-build-improvements>
| ~/SVK/axiom/branches/build-improvements/configure
| --prefix=/home/hemmecke/scratch/AXIOM
| woodpecker:~/OTHER/Axiom/out-of-source-build-improvements>
| date>TIME;make|tee rhx.log;date>>TIME
|
| The last thing I see on my screen is given at the end. The rest you find at

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/hemmecke/build-improvements/rhx.log/file_view

Thanks.  Woaw, that is scary indeed.  For some reason, GCL
configuration must have failed or found something wrong.  Please
could you send me (probably privately) the config.log you find in the
subdirectory gcl?  Also send me the makefile in gcl/elisp.  It seems
to contain wrong things -- as far as I can determine from the above
log.

Thanks!

| If you need more information, just ask.
|
| BTW, /home/hemmecke/config/emacs is actually supposed to be my .emacs
| file, but in fact it is unused. I have no idea why the build machinary
| wants to write anything outside /home/hemmecke/scratch/AXIOM or
| ~/OTHER/Axiom/out-of-source-build-improvements. Any ideas?

I believe that is the GCL configuration at work -- I have no control
on it.  Maybe the gcl/config.log will tell us more about what is going
on.