[Axiom-developer] A student comment

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] A student comment
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 19:12:01 -0500

Alasdair,

"The lack of Windows like interface makes this package look and feel
 second rate."

Great. I await his Windows-like interface patches on the mailing list.

"The need to use )command is annoying in that the command line is
 already parsed to handle the maths, the lack of command parsing shows
 a lack of interest in an interface."

Typing help is ambiguous if you first type:

  help(x) == x

followed by

  help Fraction

but is not ambiguous if you type

  )help Fraction

The lack of the student interest in learning parsing techniques is annoying
and shows a lack of interest in computer science.

"The student also complained about the lack of a native Mac version."

Developing open source requires 2 things: source code and time.
The student has both. Ask him to let me know when he has the Mac
version working.

Tim