[Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] "fixed proposed"

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] "fixed proposed"
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 01:49:29 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Martin Rubey wrote:

| Dear bug masters :-),
|
| so far I made all (well, mostly algebra) bugs that are fixed in FriCAS "fix
| proposed" on IssueTracker.  The reason being that I would like to see at a
| glance which bugs are open, and with the philosophy that everybody could just
| diff the algebra sources and get the fix from the FriCAS sources.

I believe that produces more work than actually help.  There are
growing differences that you cannot just require people to diff
trees.  If you want to make the Axiom Wiki The Issue Tracker for
FriCAS, that is fine.  But, don't tell us to go and diff it against
other trees.

| However, there are also important bug fixes in open-axiom.  Gaby has added a
| comment "fixed in OpenAxiom", which is fine.

It is far more accurate than saying fix proposed -- because I don't
think it makes sense for me to tell people to go and diff their trees
against OpenAxiom to extrapolate a `proposed fix' -- I'm not saying
they should not be doing it, but I don't think that qualifies as `fix
proposed'.

[...]

| In any case, I dislike the situation as it is now - I do not want to see
| OpenAxiom treated differently then OpenAxiom.

But, you're already actively doing it.